Telecommunications leader in India achieves gender diversity hiring goals, despite a complete country lockdown due to COVID-19
goals & challenges
Even during a complete lockdown in India, recruitment continuity was essential to meet client contractual obligations for this telecommunications provider. At all times, the company is committed to achieving 30% gender diversity.
As part of it’s recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) program, recruitment teams use laptops, internet dongles, as well as a combination of Skype, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams to support virtual recruitment events that are managed from their home environments. Pre-screening of resumes ensured that gender diversity goals were met for the candidates who are invited to interview for technology roles. Interviews were scheduled during a week-long virtual drive.
- 320 resumes for female candidates were submitted for the diversity recruitment event.
- In just three weeks, 235 were screen selected for technology roles.
- Virtual interviews were conducted during an exclusive Diversity Hiring Week, with additional interviews being completed in following weeks.
- More than 35 diversity offers and acceptances will be made by early April.
- Gender diversity hires track above goal at 32%.