contributing something to the world and helping our communities move forward is at the heart of everything we do at Randstad
October marked our annual Randstad Sourceright "Month of Heart." Throughout all of October, our employees got involved in their communities, charities or virtually with Randstad with Heart — our global corporate social responsibility (CSR) program. This year, the Randstad Sourceright generously granted all employees 16 paid hours to volunteer — twice as much as usual.
Collectively, Randstad Sourceright employees volunteered a total of 1,519 hours across 16 countries just in the month of October! This is incredible, considering that last year, 1,381 hours were volunteered throughout the whole year.
how did we do it?
We made participating easy. We compiled a country-by-country list of diverse charities and organizations that employees could browse through and use to choose opportunities that resonated with them. We also enabled employees to donate to or volunteer organizations, community centers, or places of worship that weren’t on the list.
Our diverse team of Randstad with Heart ambassadors organized in-person volunteering events in October across various countries, celebrating our Randstad Sourceright community as we make a difference in our broader communities.
where did our in-person events take place?
- Belgium: a collaboration with Sant'Egidio helping refugee families and raising money for people in need
- Hungary: partnering with an animal shelter, the Malta Charity, the Ukrainian refugee service, and volunteering at an elderly care center
- India: St. Joseph’s Church cleaning; interview skills and CV assistance for underprivileged youth; providing entertainment and basic hygienic and environmental education for adopted children; food packing and distribution for food banks
- Singapore: participating in a Deepavali celebration with seniors
- U.K.: cleaning up local parks, volunteering at NHS vaccination sites
- U.S.: community gardening, Wounded Warrior Project, fundraising at St. Jude’s Hospital, Halloween costume drive for children in need, “POUND 4 Pink” Fitness cancer benefit, and Hurricane Ian clean-up and relief efforts.
Our colleagues also shared some incredible personal “Passion Projects” throughout October in how they get involved in their communities. You can keep an eye out for these on our Career Tips blog.
We're proud of the difference we all make in our communities. Randstad with Heart is just one way how we are making work meaningful at Randstad Sourceright.