Randstad has a long history of charitable and philanthropic work aimed at bettering the work lives of vulnerable people around the world. Through our global Randstad with Heart volunteering program, all our employees are guaranteed 8 paid-volunteer hours per year to give back to society and to raise awareness of causes that are close to their hearts.
This September marked our annual "Month of Heart." Month of Heart is an initiative originally started by Randstad Sourceright two years ago and, thanks to the incredible contributions from our Randstad with Heart ambassadors and employee volunteers, Randstad rolled out its first Month of Heart globally this year.
Throughout September, we encouraged our employees to get involved in their communities, charities or virtually with Month of Heart. It was also the perfect time to connect with colleagues across Randstad during these in-person events that made a difference in our communities.
Collectively, Randstad employees took part in a total of 128 in-person volunteer activities across 19 countries just in the month of September! Employees from Randstad Sourceright, Randstad RiseSmart, and Randstad Enterprise Group alone volunteered a total of 1,078 hours in September. This is incredible, considering that last year, those same organizations volunteered a total of 1,519 hours for all of 2022.
how did we do it?
We made participating easy. Our Randstad with Heart ambassadors around the world compiled a country-by-country list of diverse organizations and ambassador-led volunteer events that employees could browse through to choose opportunities that resonated with them. Employees were also enabled to donate to or volunteer organizations, community centers, or places of worship that weren’t on the list.
where did our in-person events take place?
Here are just a sample of some of the 128 volunteer events that Randstad organized in 19 countries during September:
- Argentina: workshops at Fundación Reciduca and Barrio Mugica for youth to improve their skills of employability
- Australia: preparing meals with the Salvation Army and Rotary Club of Canterbury
- Canada: speed mentoring, supporting employability for disabled youth, blood drives, and tree planting
- Chile: Solidarity race to overcome poverty with Fundación Hogar de Cristo
- China: career counselling for young people at the Jingan Human Resources and Social Security Bureau
- Denmark: community service through the Aarhus Frivilligcenter
- France: CV workshops for refugees at Kodiko and themed careers workshops with LinkedOut
- Germany: environmental clean-ups and blood drives
- Hong Kong: reading and educational support to young children at The Hub
- Hungary: various community development projects like raking, gardening, and painting
- India: spending time with children with cancer, blood donations, teaching workshops, and clothing collections
- Italy: clothes and shoes donations at Opera San Francesco
- Mexico: workshops at Mundo de Talentos and Hotel con Corazon for youth to improve their skills of employability
- Netherlands: walking with the elderly or offering Dutch language training through Nederland Cares
- Portugal: charitable donations through Corações Com Coroa
- Singapore: preparing meals with Willing Hearts
- Spain: improving the skills and employability of people with disabilities through the Social innovation HUB of the Randstad Foundation
- U.K.: food preparation, environmental clean-up, and animal welfare
- U.S.: food preparation & distribution, CV workshops for women, and environmental clean-up
We're proud of the difference we all make in our communities. Randstad with Heart is just one way how we are bringing our #HumanForward promise to life.